It is akin to winning the battle but losing the war. Current chief executive of Singapore Airlines, Goh Choon Phong, got the top job after upstaging his former boss, Bey Soo Khiang in a four-horse race back in 2011. Bey was the former Chief of Defence Force of Singapore and having lost to his subordinate, resigned promptly from the national carrier.
Goh Choon Phong is the The Chosen One, thats for sure. But whether he is The Special One to take Singapore Airlines to another level is another question altogether. Make no mistake, this is Singapore Airlines we are talking about, the pride of our nation. For someone to lead the company, he must be distinctly special to take on the monstrous task of handling the world top airline. Ideally, he must be someone who possesses that magic to lead and return Singapore Airlines to former glory.
[This is a premium article. The rest of the content is blocked and can be accessible by SG Wealth Builder Members only. To read the full content, please sign up as member.]
Sign up as member and receive a bonus investment report on Singapore stocks! The membership benefits include:
1) Access to the latest premium articles of SG Wealth Builder
2) Email notifications of latest blog articles
3) Access to Wealth Forum for investment ideas and discussion
4) Free bonus investment report
5) Request for coverage on stocks, insurance and other personal financial topics
6) Comment in articles and Wealth Forum
Note: After payment is made, you will be prompted with registration form to create your userid and personal password.Read more